I’ve received quite a few e-mails asking when I plan to put up a review of the i-mate SP3i. I really can’t say. I’m incredibly busy at the moment and so I’m really not sure if I’ll get around to doing a full review; if I do decide to do one it won’t be for a while. I certainly don’t mind answering questions though if there is something specific you want to know.
I will say this: if you know you want a Windows Mobile smartphone and have your eye on the SP3i, buy it. I don’t have anything negative to say about the phone itself — it’s awesome (though I do have some issues with Windows Mobile; surprising, I know).
Quickly, a few things I really like about the phone:
- Best mobile speaker I’ve ever used (very, very loud); this includes regular use, speakerphone, and gaming
- Best T9 implementation I’ve ever used
- Best Arkanoid-type game I’ve ever seen, on any platform (it ships with a package of 9 games and all of them are excellent)
- Very solid construction
- Perfect form-factor and weight
- Great battery life
- Brilliant screen (just about everyone I’ve shown the phone to has commented on it)